Until you develop your own products, you will probably use affiliate products to make money on the Internet. Most people start out that way. Many of them are extremely successful. But there is a lot of confusion when just starting out with affiliate products.
Many people ask, which affiliate product is the most profitable? There is no clear-cut answer to this. If your site is about birds, you would probably generate very few sales selling discount TVís. You will maximize your sales if you sell products in a niche related to your website. If you built your list using articles about birds, your subscribers are probably interested in birdhouses, bird feeders, and bird baths. You would certainly do best by selling bird related products.
How do you select which programs are the best? There are tens of thousands of affiliate products, which ones are right for you? You can narrow down the search by using the five steps below:
1) Make sure there is a demand for the product. Visit Wordtracker to determine the number of searches for a particular item. You can offer the best buggy whip in the world, but that doesnít make it a profitable item to sell.
2) Try to contact someone at the company. See if they can provide some sort of free report related to the product. If you never get a response to your inquiry, drop them from consideration. If they wonít respond to your email before the sale, heaven help you if your customer has a problem.
3) Check out their sales page. Is it attractive, would you buy the product based on this information, does it include testimonials? The sales page must be convincing enough to get people to buy the product.
4) Do they offer a money back guarantee? A good guarantee will boost sales. In addition, youíll know that the seller has confidence that there will not be many returns.
5) Make sure the affiliate program offers real-time statistics showing hits as well as sales. That way, you will be able to see how many visits are required to generate sales. You can use these numbers to calculate conversion ratios and compare it to your other affiliate programs. With this information, it is a relatively easy matter to determine which affiliate programs to stay with and which to get rid of.